Artist name: Steve Strong
Release name: Three Hands Tall – Album
Release date: 19th May 2014
1. Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?
I first started playing drums at school in my lunch break. I was really into Britpop back then and Manic Street Preachers album ‘The Holy Bible’ is what sparked my interest in drums.
2. What are your main ambitions in the industry?
I’m really interested in playing as many shows as I can and also would love to work with TV, film and media as I feel my music would fit into that industry really well. I do have a few tracks from my old band Elliot Whale Boy on a few shows, including a couple on Channel 4.
3. When did you start writing your own songs/music?
I started around 2009 living in Bristol with my old band. My room was essentially a practice room with a bed in it and started branching out to guitar, applying the same mind set as drums.
4. What would you say is your music career highlight to date?
Playing with some of my all time favourite bands who have influenced me massively – LITE, ASIWYFA, THIS WILL DESYROY YOU, DELTA SLEEP
5. Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?
It’s a mixed bag of genres spreading across hip hop, Math/post.rock, electronica & pop, people have described it as Four Tet meets Radiohead/ASIWYFA.
6. What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about your current release?
I think it’s important to stay true to yourself no matter what your technical abilities, so I guess I want people to know I crafted the record with soul, passion and honesty.
7. Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people to have a listen to?
Bands I’m really digging at the moment are Tangled Hair The Ep Apples, also check out CLEFT and Three Trapped Tigers!
8. Any gigs coming up?
None booked right now looking into a Ireland tour in July
9. Where can we find/follow you online?