Artist name: Glyphs
Release name: ‘Out to Sea’ album
EP Release date: 20th October 2014
Download the track ‘Shed Skin’ now for free!
1. Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?
It’s something I’ve always been interested in really. I started writing at a pretty young age too. If you could call it writing – the songs were all terrible.
2. What are your main ambitions in the industry?
I don’t think either of us have any dreams of stardom or anything, we just enjoy making music and performing so that’s our main aim. It’s lucky that people seem to like the music too.
3. When did you start writing your own songs/music?
As I mentioned, I was writing songs as a kid but I didn’t really do it more seriously until I was in my late teens, when I used to write with my brother. Matt and I started writing together in 2010 and when I ended up living in his spare room in Brixton, using bits of songs we’d already started separately.
4. What would you say is your music career highlight to date?
We’ve been lucky enough to get some great coverage on music sites that we follow and admire, so we’ve been pretty pleased with that.
5. Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?
It’s a tough one to say. We both have really varied taste in music so I’d say there’s a bit of everything in there. We’re both big fans of people like Caribou, Bonobo and Four Tet, but then we both have loads of other separate influences that we bring to the songs.
6. What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about your current release?
Erm…give it a chance…why not? You might just like it! And all the songs are quite different. So if you don’t like one, try the next one…
7. Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people to have a listen to?
Check out our pals Rames, they’re really good. We’re also big fans of Enjoyed.
8. Any gigs coming up?
We’re finalising our new live set at the moment and once that’s done we’ll be getting some gigs in the diary. Watch this space.
9. Where can we find/follow you online?
All the usual places: