Artist name: NOIR|NOIR
Release name: (album? single? EP?) Single, ‘Claustrophobic Love’
Release date: 16th of February
- Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?I was always listening to a lot of music from a young age but started taking it more seriously when I began learning guitar around the age of 14.
- What are your main ambitions in the industry?To make beautiful engaging art.
- When did you start writing your own songs/music? Again, around the age of 14. As soon as I could play basic guitar I began messing around with my own ideas and a cassette recorder.
- What would you say is your music career highlight to date?We feel we’re just getting started as a band, but getting to work with Rob Ellis on our debut album was definitely a big one. PJ Harvey was/is a big influence on us and so working with Rob who has been involved in so many great albums was a big deal for us.
- Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?You will hear cinematic influences in the themes, lyrics and vibes of the songs from people such as Tarantino and the Morricone. Musically, each player in the band brings his/her own influences and background; there is everything from The Beatles to Nirvana squashed in there.
- What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about your current release?This is our first release, this band is brand new.
- Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people to have a listen to?We’re pretty new to the Manchester scene but saw a local band called Hot Vestryt who are worth checking out. Three of us are from Ireland and there are lots of cool bands coming through that would still be under the radar of the UK scene. Check out Fox Jaw, O Emperor and The Altered Hours.
- Any gigs coming up?We will be shortly announcing a UK tour to support this release in late February/early March kicking off in Night & Day Cafe, Manchester on Thursday February 26th.
- Where can we find/follow you online?www.facebook.com/noirnoir