Artist name: Kill the Waves
Release name: The One That Could Have Been
Release date: 20/04/15
- Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?
We’ve all been musical from an early age and came to the band through different avenues.
- What are your main ambitions in the industry?
We’d like to cultivate a passionate fanbase and create music that we can be proud of. A long career wouldn’t hurt either!
- When did you start writing your own songs/music?
All of us have played in other bands before Kill The Waves, so we’ve all been writing our own music for a quite a while now.
- What would you say is your music career highlight to date?
Playing at T In The Park and recording with Andy Miller.
- Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?
It’s a combination of the grand, wide-screen rock of Radiohead and the more idiosyncratic aspects of groups like Caribou and M83.
- What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about your current release?
That it’s a labour of love that we all put our hearts and souls into.
- Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people to have a listen to?
The Great Albatross.
- Any gigs coming up?
Our album launch is on April 20th.
- Where can we find/follow you online?
We’re on Facebook and Twitter
(@killthewaves). We also have our own YouTube channel.