Hailing from Norway, Tini is an up and coming artist with an album on the way. Passionate about her music, hopefully you will be too once you get to know her
- Where and when did you first discover your interest in music?
– Music and singing has always been a part of my life. I can not
pinpoint a moment where I discovered that music was life: It has just
always been a presence, more or less. My father played bass in the
church choir, and every Tuesday he would bring me to choir practice,
even when I was still just a baby. When I learned to walk, I was all
over the place. I especially loved singing with the chorus, or
screaming, rather, as I had not mastered speaking at the time.
2. What are your main ambitions in the industry?
– Spreading music that makes the world a better place. It is not just
an ambition, it is also my vision. Music means so much to me in all
aspects of everyday life. I firmly believe music can make a
difference, and I want to be a part of that. May there be many
songs and albums, great stories and tunes and plenty of love and
3. When did you start writing your own songs/music?
– I have always been fond of writing; I kept diaries all
through elementary school and wrote heaps of love letters. Already then,
I felt I had found my very own universe. The combination of words on a
page and putting music to those words has been a giant, difficult step
for me. The last few years, and with the work on my first album, “Undo
My Heart”, I have been really ready to tear down the high walls that
have held me back. I have depended on supporters, and now I am well
on the way on an exciting journey through a larger universe.
4. What would you say is your music career highlight to date?
– 2014 has been a year of events where one event surpasses the other.
It’s difficult to rate the highlights, but to support both Morten Harket
and James Blunt at Sentrum Scene in Oslo were fantastic experiences.
Playing live on the most popular talk show in Norway, “Senkveld” on
TV2, for nearly one million viewers, was also an indescribable
experience. I get a real charge out of reaching that many people!
5. Who will we hear in your songs? What are your influences?
– I seek inspiration on many levels, both from other artists and
experiences that have to do with life’s contrasts, both big and small.
I grew up listening to Joni Mitchell, Eva Cassidy and Ella Fitzgerald,
and I listen to current artists like Lowell Boland, Lykke Li and
Highasakite; all of it appeals to so many emotions. I hope the
inspiration and the passion will shine through in my songs.
6. What’s the most important thing you’d want to tell people about
your current release?
– I have dreamt of making this album since I was a little girl. I am
many-sided and like a variety of music, but this album represents me and
where I am today, along with having influences from both pop and jazz.
I really hope people will like the album and that I can give them
something that will take hold in their hearts, so that they in turn
give me the opportunity to do what I love.
7. Who else can you recommend from your genre or local area for people
to have a listen to?
– I highly recommend Lowell Boland, Andreas Moe, High asakite and
Emilie Nicolas! Shining stars on the musical sky.
8. Any gigs coming up?
– Apart from private gigs, we’re planning concerts in both Norway and
the UK! Please check out my website or my facebook for updates on
concert dates and places. Hope to see you there!
9. Where can we find/follow you online?
– Please visit my websitewww.tinispage.com
Facebook: Tini Official